Happy Friday fellow foodies!
In this week’s Foodie Friday, I’m sharing my recipe for a Pineapple, Avocado Antioxidant Summer Salad.
Pineapple is my favorite fruit. Thankfully, it packs a strong punch in defending your health and vitality. Pineapple has anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits. The Vitamin C in pineapple provides support to your immune system. This wonderful fruit also packs Manganese and Thiamin (Vitamin B1) for an energy boost.
Avocado is great on just about ANYTHING. In a salad, it brings texture and a nutritional arsenal of healthy fats, fiber and more potassium than a banana. YUMMY!
So here’s what you’ll need for your scrumptious salad:
- Large bag of organic spinach leaves
- Any other mixed greens that you enjoy
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, sliced into bite size pieces
- Sprinkle of feta cheese (’cause it just makes everything better)
- Sprinkle of garlic powder and fresh ground pepper
- Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Dash of olive oil and vinegar
Mix it all together and VOILA! How easy was that salad? It’s filling and oh so good for you.