By Meghan Rossi
The weekend is so close I can smell it! Speaking of smells, few compare to the smell of French Toast cooking in your kitchen. Mm mmm I can just smell that cinnamon goodness right now! One of my favorite breakfast comfort foods is French Toast. It’s a pretty complete meal if you think about it: toast, eggs and yummy sweetness.
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 Slices of bread
- 8 Cage Free Eggs
- Splash of Milk
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Stevia
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sugar Free Syrup to taste
Cook it Up:
- Prep a large skillet with cooking spray and start getting it warm on medium heat.
- In a large bowl stir together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia, and vanilla.
- Dip each piece of bread, one at a time, in the bowl. Deeply coat the entire slice in the egg mixture.
- Place the slice on the warm skillet. Fill the skillet with coated slices.
- Cook each side until they’re lightly toasted and eggs are fully cooked. Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon and nutmeg on each side.
- Continue to cook until all your slices are finished. Oh man, I bet your kitchen is smelling so good right now!
Stack your plate high, drizzle on some syrup and Bon appetite! I love to add blueberries or banana slices as an extra special treat.