By Meghan Rossi
Oh boy oh boy do I love some vegetable fried rice! Trouble is, it’s not exactly the healthiest dish to order out. Making it at home allows you to control the ingredients and ensure a healthier fried rice meal.
Making this recipe even better? You can make a large batch to feed several people or have plenty to enjoy as lunch the next day.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 Bag of organic quick brown rice (2 bags to stretch the recipe)
– 1 large zucchini chopped
– 1 large squash chopped
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup spinach
– olive oil
– 2 tbsp liquid aminos
– 2 vegetable burger patties cooked
– 1 clove garlic finely chopped
– spices: fresh ground pepper, tumeric
– Heat large skillet and apply a small amount of olive oil
– cook zucchini and squash until slightly browned
– add eggs into open spaces on the skillet to cook the eggs until well done
– add cooked, chopped vegetable patties
– add spices & garlic
– add cooked quick brown rice
– sprinkle contents with additional olive oil
– add liquid aminos
– keep stirring
– add spinach
– sprinkle a small amount of additional olive oil
– stir well
The fun thing about this recipe is that there is no particular science to follow. You can add carrots, peppers, and onions to tickle your tastebuds. Slowly add the olive oil just to keep the ingredients moist.
Hope you enjoy this delicious and hearty treat!